Click on one of the tabs below to get started:
Recent News Items
- Why Enjoying Life With A Meaningful Purpose Affects Your Longevity – February 15, 2017
- Top 10 Chronic Conditions in Adults 65+ and What You Can do to Prevent or Manage Them – February 2, 2017
- Chronicle recommends: Yes on Prop. 52 – September 13, 2016
- Healthy Aging Requires Livable Communities – April 30, 2015
- Brain-training, exercise, diet keep elderly mental decline at bay – March 11, 2015
- SUPPORTING OUR SENIORS: Staying active for healthy aging – February 19, 2015
- Northwestern Medicine finds ‘SuperAgers’ have differently structured brains – February 4, 2015
- Jane Wolf Waterman addresses senior group – June 10, 2014
- New POP Coaches being trained – May 23, 2014
- The Drug that Could Reverse Alzheimer’s – May 23, 2014
Recent Press Releases
|PDF: May 2014 Press Release|
|PDF: Jan 2014 Press Release|
Safety+Health magazine - 3 days ago
Gaithersburg, MD – Elderly and frail people are most likely to die in home fires, while adults between the ages of 20 and 49 are the group most likely to be injured, according to a recent study...
Wall Street Journal (subscription) (blog) - 8 hours ago
Our recent study on three generations of older participants in the the Health and Retirement Study (a longitudinal project sponsored by the National Institute on Aging and the Social Security...
News via Google. See more news matching 'elderly study'
The Hindu - 19 hours ago
Caregivers need to be empowered, educated, and...
News via Google. See more news matching 'alzheimers news'
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - 5 days ago
Toren Finkel, who recently turned 60, isn't beyond joking about the relevance of his interest in anti-aging research. “This has become personal for me,” the new director of the...
Science Daily - 4 weeks ago
Because of its short life span of only twenty to thirty days, the worm is a popular model organism for aging research. When they exposed one-day-old worms to DNA damaging UV light, the team around...
News via Google. See more news matching 'aging research'
Centre Daily Times - 5 days ago
We provide companion care, household support, dressing assistance, personal care routines, light housekeeping, meal preparation and place at home. Care For People gives people one-on-one care and...
The Daily Progress - 1 week ago
Elder and chronic care has shifted over the decades. With more family members working out of the house, nursing homes and other facilities stepped in to fill the gap. But in recent years, non-medical...
News via Google. See more news matching 'in-home caregivers'
Journal Gazette and Times-Courier - 4 days ago
I was amazed at how much fun I had... which is not typically a word I would use to describe dementia caregiving. Often, when I am training and counseling family caregivers, we practice different...
CTV News - 4 weeks ago
VICTORIA -- A growing number of caregivers in British Columbia are feeling distressed, a problem the seniors' advocate says could be costly for the health care system. Isobel Mackenzie's...
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - 2 weeks ago
Aging Edge: You headed up the National Academies report that a year ago called for a comprehensive national strategy, including new federal policies and financial assistance and putting into broad...
News via Google. See more news matching 'caregiver strategy'